We Know Things To Do in Ontario!
And right now, you need to stay home! There are no events, no getaways, no reason to road trip. Check back later and keep your thoughts set on summer!! Stay safe and stay healthy.
You will never ask “What is happening north of Toronto (and in central and northern Ontario) this weekend”? again! Use our events calendar to find things to do in Ontario and even in Ontario this weekend or in the future. Whether you like to lay low and chill or get your rush from adrenaline-pumping activities and experiences – the calendar has events for everyone, in every season from the Bruce Peninsula to the Ottawa Valley!
Depending on your drive, you’ll find action anywhere from 1 hour away from Toronto to 5. Our events are not limited to highways 400 and 11 either. These are just the first two highway suggestions to travel north and find adventure in Ontario.submit your event
- This event has passed.
Hardwater Festival – A Celebration of Ice
January 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This inaugural winter celebration is presented by Explore our Lakes, a project of the Municipality of Dysart et al.
Join us for a “very cool” fun filled family event!
Activities will take place in and around the West Guilford Community Centre throughout the day including:
- Ice Safety Information sessions
- Ice Safety Training Course *
- Ice Climbing* – get high at Medeba
- Ice fishing – it’s catching on!
- Skating – on the outdoor rink
- Ice sculpture demonstration
- Hot lunch* – chilli (vegetarian option), sandwiches, hot chocolate & cookies
- Ecology of ice/lakes in winter
- Ice crafts and play for kids
- Ice Movies – There is Something in the Water, Frozen and more
- Broomball on the outdoor rink – BYOT (bring your own team!)
- Snow tagging – the latest snowshoe craze in Canadian National Parks!
- * – $
* Ice Safety Training Course is $125 + HST per person. We are pleased to offer this course at a special rate; the regular rate is $145 + HST. If you would like further assistance please contact Andrea Mueller at 705-457-1740 x. 35. There are a limited number of subsidies available. Pre-registration is required. Please register here.
* Ice Climbing – $10 per person. Minimum age is 14. Limited number of spaces available. Pre-registration is required. Please register here.
The organizers of the Hardwater Festival would appreiciate knowing how many people