We Know Things To Do in Ontario!
You will never ask “What is happening north of Toronto (and in central and northern Ontario) this weekend”? again! Use our events calendar to find things to do in Ontario and even in Ontario this weekend or in the future. Whether you like to lay low and chill or get your rush from adrenaline pumping activities and experiences – the calendar has events for everyone, in every season from the Bruce Peninsula to the Ottawa Valley!
Depending on your drive, you’ll find action anywhere from 1 hour away from Toronto to 5. Our events are not limited to highways 400 and 11 either. These are just the first two highway suggestions to travel north and find adventure in Ontario.
Want to get your festival or event listed on the Ontario Travel North site? Please send your listing and details for consideration to Events and Festivals North of Toronto.
- This event has passed.
October 21 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
One event on October 4, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 5, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 6, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 10, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 11, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 12, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 13, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 21, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 22, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 23, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 24, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 25, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 26, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 27, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 28, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 29, 2019 at 7:00 pm
One event on October 30, 2019 at 7:00 pm
Discovery Harbour in Penetanguishene is ready for visitors with a hauntingly good time! Zombies and ghouls hide in the darkness! Amazing carved artificial pumpkins, scary scenes and evil creatures await you around every corner! Walk the festively lit trails along the shores of Penetanguishene Bay and see what is lurking in the night! A fun and spooky evening for the entire family!
New in 2019!
- Macabre Mansion – Complimenting our resident ghosts and spirits in the original 1832 Officers’ Quarters included in our summertime Ghost Tours, we have added more things that go bump in the night. Wander the halls and corridors of the 19th century building and find…
- 40‘ x 40‘ blow up Halloween maze for the kids – a fun addition to the Spooky Path and kids area. Get a scary tattoo!
- Axmen Zombie Axe Throw – try your hand at axe throwing to keep the Zombies at bay! Brought to you in partnership with Axemen Axe Throwing on Friday and Saturday evenings * extra fee
- New and frightening animatronics in the Terror Zone
- Bo’suns Brig Escape Room! Solve puzzles to escape our 19th century replica brig from the days of sailors and soldiers at Discovery Harbour. New for groups of 4 to 6 people. $25.00 per person, includes admission to Pumpkinferno. Reservations call 705 528 7694
- Pumpkinferno is Award Winning! Now one of Festival and Events Ontario’s “Top 100 Events” in the province!
Returning in 2019!
- Pumpkinferno features thousands of hand carved artificial pumpkins such a 40 ‘ dragon that illuminates the night sky and creates a magical reflection on the shores of Georgian Bay
- Take the final journey in the Coffin Ride. Climb into a real coffin for the virtual and sensory overload of a real burial * extra fee
- An expanded Terror Zone returns offering visitors an added scare for those brave enough to enter. Make you way through a labyrinth of mazes as creepy animatronics, special effects and live scare actors create a courage testing experience
- Boneyard Boutique – get your favourite Halloween props and Pumpkinferno gear!
- Pumpkin Caper Café – Located in Halloween Town, there is hot chocolate, snacks and more scary items to purchase! Warm up by the outdoor fires or inside by the cozy hearth!
- Please bring a non-perishable food item to support St. Vincent de Paul Society Food Bank
Discovery Harbour’s Pumpkinferno opens October 3rd, 2019 and will run every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 pm until October 20th.
Starting October 21st, we are open evenings 7 days a week until October 30th.
Admission is just $8.00 per person including HST along with a non-perishable food item. Kids 5 and under are free!
Featured Ontario Festivals
This is it! These are them!
Our annual list of Best Festivals, or as we call it around the office “The Bestivals” list.
We pick a new list each year, some are hosted by our advertisers, some festivals we have sponsored and well, some we think are just plain pretty cool.
The list has been assembled keeping in consideration current trends and what people out there really seem to be seeking out. We’ve tried to include events and festivals that might be family focused, adult focused, or both!