Horseback riding is offered throughout the seasons (including winter) at many resort and rural farm locations north of Toronto. Discover forest trails through many pristine woodlands and open fields exploring nature on horseback. Guided tours will offer a unique riding experience in resort and cottage country North of Toronto.
Please note all prices for packages, getaways, room rates and activities are subject to change and may not be available at the time of booking. Come back to our site often for up-to-date packages for specific time periods.
If you are an equestrian at heart, Adventure Stables houses its own horseback riding facilities, only a 5-minute drive from the lodge.
Exclusive log cabins and cottages all with king beds and wood fireplaces, TV with blu-ray player and A/C. Limited number of cabins with fireplace and double Jacuzzi.
Your stay includes:
- FREE Daily Breakfast a’la carte
- FREE Daily Served 3-Course Dinner
- $$ ZERO Corkage Fee. BYOW & BYOB to Save lots more money.
- FREE Daily use of Firewood for Fireplace
- FREE Daily ALGONQUIN PARK Pass. Perfect for hiking on Algonquin Trails.
- FREE WIFI access in Main Lodge.
- FREE Daily use of Kayaks & Canoes.
Winter Fun! Stay Connected. Valentine’s Every Day!
59,000 Facebook Likes and Counting!
Intimate. Romantic. Hot Winter Packages.
Full-Service. 5 STAR. Rustic Resort & Spa.
1st Class Gourmet Dining & Breakfast in bed.
Horseback, Dog Sledding, Snow Shoes, Skiing.
11 Cabins and 35 Junior Suites, All Waterfront.
All Accommodation with a Wood Burning Fireplace.
All Cabins & Suites with Private Hot Tub on a Private Deck.
Book Now! Also, Gift Certificates Available for Birthdays! On-Line.
“Please enjoy. Sorensen Family since 1967”
Enjoy a fun-filled yet relaxing getaway at one of Ontario’s premier lakeside resorts in the heart of the world famous Muskoka – Georgian Bay lake district. Located in a quiet sheltered cove on the northern shores of Gloucester Pool, part of the historic Trent Severn Waterway, the resort encompasses over 700 meters (2000 feet) of pristine shoreline and over 100 acres of property. The views are breathtaking, and it is difficult to believe that the greater Toronto area is only a short 90 minute drive.
Those wishing to enjoy horseback riding in our beautiful countryside will be able to do so at nearby Highview Farms which is located about 15 minutes south of the Lodge just off Hwy 400 near the Georgian Bay town of Waubaushene. Here, personal experienced trail guides and instructors will take you on a relaxed scenic trail ride through their property. Pony rides are available for the children.
The resort features:
- Accommodation in a lake view room or suite
- Delicious meals
- Use of lodge’s recreation facilities including an outdoor swimming pool & whirlpool spa, sandy beach & lake swimming, waterpark featuring a 25’ water trampoline, water slide & climbing pyramid
- Canoes, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards, mountain bikes, 100 acres of wooded hiking trails, tennis, basketball, volleyball, shuffleboard, fishing, and games room
- Summertime water-skiing & tubing, and evening entertainment
- Outboard boat & jet ski rentals
- Daily maid service
- Auto parking & baggage handling
- Nearby (extra charge) there is a full service spa, championship golf courses, horseback riding, picturesque lakeside villages with shopping, historic attractions, live summer theatre, boat cruises, and more!
Severn Lodge also has several cottages & suites with kitchens where guests can do their own cooking.
Severn Lodge has been family owned and operated for nearly a century, and is dedicated to providing the highest standards of hospitality, comfort, and personal service.
Call 1-844-877-6112 for details or visit our website at www.severnlodge.com
Enjoy our waterfront housekeeping cottages with full kitchens. Horseback riding stables only 5 min. away. We also offer boat/motor rentals, complimentary canoe/paddle boat, mineral water swimming pool , playground, horseshoes, fire pit, indoor/outdoor games and lots of family fun. Excellent fishing for bass, pike, walleye and muskey. Groceries/restaurants within walking distance.
One bedroom cedar lakeside cottages with fireplace from $165/night for 2 people
Small 2 bedroom cedar lakeside cottages with fireplace from $180/night for 4 people
Large 2 bedroom with fireplace from $210/night for 4 people.
The Wild Life is a family owned property of 121 acres. With a nice combination of rolling fields and forests full of life, trail rides offer great views and variations of scenery.
With everything equine, The Wild Life offers trail rides, western lessons and English lessons.
Rides typically last an hour, but different lengths can be requested at the time of booking. At The Wild Life we host all rides as private tours. This means you and your family/friends will be the only ones on a ride.
Please book rides prior to coming to our property to ensure the horses are ready for you. We pride ourselves in letting our herd of horses do a maximum of 2 rides per day per horse.