Horseback riding is offered throughout the seasons (including winter) at many resort and rural farm locations north of Toronto. Discover forest trails through many pristine woodlands and open fields exploring nature on horseback. Guided tours will offer a unique riding experience in resort and cottage country North of Toronto.
Please note all prices for packages, getaways, room rates and activities are subject to change and may not be available at the time of booking. Come back to our site often for up-to-date packages for specific time periods.
If you are an equestrian at heart, Adventure Stables houses its own horseback riding facilities, only a 5-minute drive from the lodge.
Exclusive log cabins and cottages all with king beds and wood fireplaces, TV with blu-ray player and A/C. Limited number of cabins with fireplace and double Jacuzzi.
Your stay includes:
- FREE Daily Breakfast a’la carte
- FREE Daily Served 3-Course Dinner
- $$ ZERO Corkage Fee. BYOW & BYOB to Save lots more money.
- FREE Daily use of Firewood for Fireplace
- FREE Daily ALGONQUIN PARK Pass. Perfect for hiking on Algonquin Trails.
- FREE WIFI access in Main Lodge.
- FREE Daily use of Kayaks & Canoes.
Stay Connected. Valentine’s Every Day!
54,000 Facebook Likes and Counting!
Intimate. Romantic. Free Nights to stay longer.
Full-Service 5 STAR Rustic Resort & Spa with 70 staff.
1st Class Gourmet Dining & Breakfast in bed.
Stables, Water Sports, Tennis, Trails, Bikes.
11 Cabins and 35 Junior Suites, All Waterfront.
All Cabins & Suites with Private Hot Tub on a Private Deck.
“Please enjoy. Sorensen Family since 1967”
Please visit website for packages.
Ontario Cottage Getaway at our upscale and clean Cottage Resort on Sand Lake in the Almaguin Highlands just north of Muskoka.
Come and enjoy horseback riding during the day at several different places just minutes away. Enjoy the evening sitting beside the wood fireplace and relaxing in a Cottage or in our Chalet with a personal Hot Tub. Rates starting at $75/night for Chalet 4b.
Enjoy a fun-filled yet relaxing getaway at one of Ontario’s premier lakeside resorts in the heart of the world famous Muskoka – Georgian Bay lake district. Located in a quiet sheltered cove on the northern shores of Gloucester Pool, part of the historic Trent Severn Waterway, the resort encompasses over 700 meters (2000 feet) of pristine shoreline and over 100 acres of property. The views are breathtaking, and it is difficult to believe that the greater Toronto area is only a short 90 minute drive.
Those wishing to enjoy horseback riding in our beautiful countryside will be able to do so at nearby Highview Farms which is located about 15 minutes south of the Lodge just off Hwy 400 near the Georgian Bay town of Waubaushene. Here, personal experienced trail guides and instructors will take you on a relaxed scenic trail ride through their property. Pony rides are available for the children.
The resort features:
- Accommodation in a lake view room or suite
- Delicious meals
- Use of lodge’s recreation facilities including an outdoor swimming pool & whirlpool spa, sandy beach & lake swimming, waterpark featuring a 25’ water trampoline, water slide & climbing pyramid
- Canoes, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards, mountain bikes, 100 acres of wooded hiking trails, tennis, basketball, volleyball, shuffleboard, fishing, and games room
- Summertime water-skiing & tubing, and evening entertainment
- Outboard boat & jet ski rentals
- Daily maid service
- Auto parking & baggage handling
- Nearby (extra charge) there is a full service spa, championship golf courses, horseback riding, picturesque lakeside villages with shopping, historic attractions, live summer theatre, boat cruises, and more!
Severn Lodge also has several cottages & suites with kitchens where guests can do their own cooking.
Severn Lodge has been family owned and operated for nearly a century, and is dedicated to providing the highest standards of hospitality, comfort, and personal service.
Call 1-844-877-6112 for details or visit our website at www.severnlodge.com
The Inn is perched on a ridge overlooking 3,050 acres of breathtaking views of the Pretty River Provincial Park. Trekking is an awesome way to view the Inn property and enjoy the vistas. After spending time on the ground with your gaited, Icelandic horse learning about Natural Horsemanship and transferring those new skills onto the saddle, you will start your exploration of the Inn/Farm. You’re guide will take you through the farm showing you the bee hives, mushroom farming on logs, the orchards, the maple syrup bush and a spectacular view of the cascading stream with a babbling mini waterfall. The breathtaking Package Includes accommodation in a Studio and full country breakfast.
From $160.00 per person per night plus HST dbl occupancy midweek.