Algonquin Highlands Trails Where Adventure Awaits!
Algonquin Highlands is home to many of the best water trails and hiking trails in Ontario. Here you can find countless opportunities to canoe, camp, hike, snowshoe, ski, snowmobile, ATV, fish, hunt, cottage or just relax and take in the scenery.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands manages over 38 km of hiking trails, 26 km of nordic ski trails, hundreds of campsites, portages, area lakes and canoe routes. Since 2002 we’ve been successfully working to preserve, protect and promote our outdoor and natural recreational opportunities through a proactive, sustainable management approach.
Trails and activities include:
- Haliburton Highlands Water Trails – Frost Centre and Poker Lakes
- Backcountry Camping, Canoeing and Kayaking
- 38kms of Hiking Trails, Hundreds of kms of ATV trails
- Canoe rentals
- Excellent fishing for Trout, Bass and Whitefish
- Dorset Scenic Lookout Tower – Best view of Fall colors in the highlands!
- Ontario’s only full size historic Log chute
Backcountry waterfront campsites $12 per night/adult.
Brand new super lightweight Swift Kevlar Canoes from $34 per day.