Sorry, not quite yet! 🙂
Hi! Who doesn’t love and appreciate the most popular and impressive natural show on earth?
You have come to right place to find details about the state of progression in leaf colour change in areas near and far north in Ontario.
Ontario fall colour reports will start September 2018 and will continue through October.
Autumn Getaways Up North
Ontario Fall Colour Progression Report:
As reported by OntarioTravel.net
Report Date: See you September 2018!
The fall colour season is currently over.
Leaf Peeping Destinations Up North
Algonquin Park – 0% change
After an unusual start to this year’s, some of the Park’s best colours of the season were on display last weekend. They are now past peak with trees near the West Gate beginning to look bare. Once you travel east of the West Gate, there are still some good colours along the Highway 60 Corridor but they not expected to last long.
Parry Sound – 0% change
Activities: Georgian Bay Airways NEW Fall Colour Tour
Muskoka – 0% change
Huntsville/Lake of Bays:
Pick up a Muskoka Driving Tours Map and follow one of the six driving tours from Muskoka Tourism 1342 Hwy 11 North, Kilworthy. 1-800-267-9700.
- Muskoka Rd 17 from Gravenhurst to Bracebridge, you could stop at Muskoka Beach for a gorgeous view of Lake Muskoka, sections of the road are like a canopy
- Hwy 117 to Baysville and Dorset, stop and walk along the river in the park then to Dorset to the Lookout Tower
- Hwy 118 east Bracebridge to Hwy 35
- Hwy 118W to Port Carling, climb the hiking trail Huckleberry Rock, the pink granite rock cut overlooking Muskoka Lake, and loop through Windermere and Minett
- Muskoka Road 38 has beautiful colour
- Muskoka Rd 13 Severn Bridge to Torrance is a winding road, with lots of maple trees,
stop and hike through the Torrance Barren
Best Viewing Opportunities: Resorts of North Muskoka Georgian Bay Airways Muskoka Tourism Fall Colour Drives & Getaways Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh
Best Photo Opportunities: www.discovermuskoka.ca/muskoka-fall-photos
Local Tourism Link: www.discovermuskoka.ca
Midland | Penetanguishene – 0%
Best viewing opportunities: Little Lake Park & Huronia Museum, Georgian Bay Cruises, Downtown Midland, Town Harbour,Sainte Marie among the Hurons, Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre and areas surrounding King’s Wharf Theatre and Discovery Harbour.
Local Tourism Link: Midland Tourism
Barrie | Horseshoe Valley | Ontario’s Lake Country – 0%
Best viewing opportunities: Ontario’s Lake Country is one of Ontario’s most picturesque regions with radiant lakes and rivers and an array of activities for all to enjoy year round. See more at: www.ontarioslakecountry.com/fall-driving-tours
Best viewing opportunities: Drive north from the Horseshoe area on both Hwy 400 and Hwy 93. Hardwood Ski and Bike,Horseshoe Resort, Horseshoe Adventure Park, Treetop Trekking, Ontario’s Lake Country Trails & Tours Port Severn Fall Cruise to Big Chute
Local Tourism Link: Ontario’s Lake Country
Southern Georgian Bay | Grey County | Blue Mountain – 0% change
Get into the Fall Spirit with Pumpkin Mania at Rounds Ranch every Saturday & Sunday until the end of October www.RoundsRanch.com
Best viewing opportunities: Scenic Caves Nature Adventures, Scandinave Spa, Blue Mountain Village, Apple Pie Trail Map, Apple Markets can be found along Highway 26 from Collingwood to Meaford.
The Kawarthas/ Northumberland – 0% change
Prince Edward County | Belleville – 0% change
Upper Ottawa Valley/Renfrew County – 0% change
Best viewing opportunities: Ottawa Valley Tourism, Gatineau Park – the Mackenzie-King Estate, MacKenzie Hill behind Parliamant, Fitzroy Harbour Ferry.
Local Tourism Link: Ottawa Valley Tourism
South Georgian Bay/Owen Sound/Blue Mountain area: – 0% change
Caledon, Hockley Valley, and area – 0%
Thunder Bay area – 0%
Sault Ste. Marie/Agawa Canyon – 0%
North Eastern Ontario – 0%
Ontario Parks Fall Colour Report
Colour reports by Ontario Parks will resume in the fall.
- Alliston Nottawasaga Valley-Hockley Valley-Alton-Caledon
- Algonquin Park Area Fall Colour Drives-Choice of 3 routes
- Lake Simcoe-Round the Lake, Barrie, Orillia Fall Colours
- Georgian Bay Fall Colour Routes
- Highway 12 to Midland Ontario
- Muskoka Fall Colour Road Trips
- Barrie to Orangeville Fall Colours Route
- Haliburton – Huntsville Fall Colours Route
- Lake Simcoe Fall Colours Circle Tour
- Lake Ontario Shores From Grafton to Picton
- Lakefield to Barry’s Fall Colours Bay
- Land O’Lakes: Lennox Addington Fall Historic Tour
- North Bay to Timmins, Gogama, Sudbury, North Bay Fall Colors (Colours)
- North Bay – Sudbury Fall Route colours (colors)
- Peterborough – Kawarthas Fall Route colours
- Sault Ste. Marie Fall Route Colours